Translate

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Drugs culture

Following my recent post, I got asked to expand on the 'drugs culture' which is present at Uni, so here goes...

'Say No!', the saying which gets drilled into you by teachers at school during those embarrassing lessons, which involve teaching you about the birds and the bees and the terrible world of drugs.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't think I'd ever be in a situation where people would be offering them to me, but Uni has a totally different kettle of fish so it's not a rare occurrence! In the area I grew up in the only 'popular' drug was cannabis, and this could only be found by venturing into the grim, dark world of the children's playgrounds at night #badmanLand.  So I was surprised when I arrived and the use of MDMA and ketamine were a standard night for about half the people in my halls,  with people pushing the boat out and buying cocaine for celebrations.

Don't worry it's not like living in a giant drugs den, but you will see some funny sights! Whether it's people thinking they're in a bubble to those who think they've got the 'moves like jagger', to me I've only seen that aspect of it, not the vile side that is portrayed throughout the media and hopefully I won't ever experience this.

Money. It's in scarce supply for most students at uni, so I don't really get where people get the money from to buy them, personally I'd rather spend the money on family sized boxes of chocolates and trips to Nandos!


I'm not against drugs at all as long as they don't have a negative impact on other peoples lives, if you want to take them go for it just beware of the consequences. It's just not for me.


Hasta luego! X



No comments:

Post a Comment